What is the Bottle Donation Program?
We take great pride in Helping Grow Healthy Communities and the Bottle Donation Program is a great way to help our environment and support local charitable initiatives.
Every month, a non-profit organization within our service region is selected as the recipient of this program and receives a donation totaling the amount in the donation bin. To date we have raised more than $890,000 that has been donated back to our community!
We have partnered with Recycle Plus to accept bottles and cans specifically for the purpose of giving back to our community. Items can be donated at the Eco Centre, the Aquatera Landfill, or at either of the Recycle Plus and Recycle Plus II bottle depots.
It’s so easy, you don’t even have to wait in line! You can just drop your items in the Aquatera Bottle Donation Bin and be on your way, knowing that your quick trip has made a wonderful impact on our community.
When selecting recipients for our Bottle Donation Program we focus on certain organizations that have our youth community in mind. To be eligible you must:
- Be a non-profit organization located within the Aquatera service area – this includes the City of Grande Prairie, the County of Grande Prairie, Town of Sexsmith and the Town of Wembley
- You must provide programs or services that target youth under the age of 18
- Funds received must be applied directly to the enhancement and/or support of the youth programs and services you provide
The recipient of the Bottle Donation Program is required to reconcile the donation funds within 12 months of receiving the funds. To apply for the Bottle Donation Program in the future, all funds must be reconciled prior to applying. Please fill out the Reconciliation Form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bottle Donation Program application deadline is March 15. The Review Committee will set the recipient list for the subsequent 12 months.
2020/2021 Bottle Donation Program Recipients
- Grande Prairie Food Bank (April 2020)
- Ronald McDonald House Charities (May 2020)
- Peace Wapiti Academy Leadership Group (June 2020)
- Wembley Elementary School (July 2020)
- REMS Foundation (August 2020)
- Inclusion Grande Prairie (September 2020)
- Northreach Society (October 2020)
- Velocity Volleyball Club (November 2020)
- Alexander Forbes - The Academy School (December 2020)
- Community Futures Grande Prairie & Region (January 2021)
- GP Dinosaurs - Junior Forest Warriors (February 2021)
- Peace Autism Society (March 2021)
- Wolverines Adapted Sports Association (April 2021)