What is the Bottle Donation Program?
We take great pride in Helping Grow Healthy Communities and the Bottle Donation Program is a great way to help our environment and support local charitable initiatives.
Every month, a non-profit organization within our service region is selected as the recipient of this program and receives a donation totaling the amount in the donation bin. To date we have raised more than $890,000 that has been donated back to our community!
We have partnered with Recycle Plus to accept bottles and cans specifically for the purpose of giving back to our community. Items can be donated at the Eco Centre, the Aquatera Landfill, or at either of the Recycle Plus and Recycle Plus II bottle depots.
It’s so easy, you don’t even have to wait in line! You can just drop your items in the Aquatera Bottle Donation Bin and be on your way, knowing that your quick trip has made a wonderful impact on our community.
When selecting recipients for our Bottle Donation Program we focus on certain organizations that have our youth community in mind. To be eligible you must:
- Be a non-profit organization located within the Aquatera service area – this includes the City of Grande Prairie, the County of Grande Prairie, Town of Sexsmith and the Town of Wembley
- You must provide programs or services that target youth under the age of 18
- Funds received must be applied directly to the enhancement and/or support of the youth programs and services you provide
The recipient of the Bottle Donation Program is required to reconcile the donation funds within 12 months of receiving the funds. To apply for the Bottle Donation Program in the future, all funds must be reconciled prior to applying. Please fill out the Reconciliation Form and return it to email@example.com.
The Bottle Donation Program application deadline is March 15. The Review Committee will set the recipient list for the subsequent 12 months.
2019/2020 Bottle Donation Program Recipients
- South West 40 Playground Society (March 2019)
- Whispering Ridge Participarent Society (April 2019)
- GP Association for Army Cadets (May 2019)
- Peace Area Riding for the Disabled Society (June 2019)
- Kidsport Grande Prairie (July 2019)
- 3D Children’s Society (August 2019)
- Fundraising Guild of Parkside Montessori (September 2019)
- Big Toy Box (October 2019)
- Grande Prairie Rugby (November 2019)
- Rotary After Five Imagination Library (December 2019)
- The Rainbow Society (January 2020)
- Sexsmith Playschool Society (February 2020)
- Grande Prairie Friendship Centre Aboriginal Head Start (March 2020)
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Alberta (April 2020)