Aquatera Utilities has hydrant carts that are available for rent for contractors, owners, and builders who need a temporary water supply where water is not otherwise available. They are rented beginning in spring, once temperatures become seasonal and collected no later than October 1, weather permitting. These hydrant carts connect to a fire hydrant by our technicians and are great for applications such as:
- Water main flushing
- Dust control
- Building infrastructure
- Outdoor events (e.g. Bear Creek Folk Festival)
- And much more!
Renting Rules and Regulations:
- All hydrants are operated, maintained and inspected by Aquatera
- Aquatera reserves the right to refuse any application
- The applicant shall pay current bulk water rate at $9.94 M3
- Upon the return of the hydrant cart, a final inspection will be conducted for any damage or missing equipment
A complete list of rules and regulations are included in the Hydrant Cart Use Permit Application Form.
Rental rates will be charged if consumption billed is less than $1000.00/month. Rental rates are calculated on a prorated basis for partial months. For example, an 18 day rental would be calculated as:
$1000.00/31 days = daily rate of $32.26; $32.26 x 18 days = $560.68 minimum charge.
To apply, please fill out the Hydrant Meter Cart Agreement.