Aquatera Publishes Annual Report
September 28, 2016
GRANDE PRAIRIE – Aquatera released its 2015 Annual Report to its Shareholders providing an overview of the company’s focus and performance in the last year.
Innovation to reduce the company’s environmental footprint, initiatives and infrastructure upgrades to meet the demands of a growing region, along with highlights on the company’s direction to expand and enhance services to others and find cost savings internally were presented to the City of Grande Prairie, County of Grande Prairie and Town of Sexsmith on September 20.
The report presented major milestones the utility company was able to achieve, including:
- A $61 million Wastewater Treatment Plant upgrade, accommodating 25 years of projected growth
- Completion of the $8 million Bioreactor Landfill Gas to Energy Project
- $22 million invested in other infrastructure upgrades
- 25% increase in residential recycling and 30% increase in curbside yard waste over 2014 statistics
- Community sponsorship valued at $249,000 including gift-in-kind and cash to local organizations
- School waste reduction and water conservation education programs reaching over 2,000 students and event team outreach connecting us with 60,000 more
- Training opportunities for regional partners, high school students, aboriginal youth and Aquatera operators
- Major internal Lean projects that resulted in $775,000 in annual operating savings
The full report can be found at www.aquatera.ca/reports
”Our strategy in 2015 focused on maximizing revenue from outside of our core business, ensuring costs were contained through sound financial practices and enhanced focus on implementing ‘Lean’ processes – to increase value from a customers perspective,” says Bernd Manz, CEO.
“Our journey with Lean touched all aspects of our business last year, as we committed to creating a shift in our culture that ensures we are increasing customer value and improving the fiscal health of our company.”
To learn more about Aquatera’s Lean journey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yg_9JAxVEg
“I’m very proud of Aquatera’s ability to work as a team to streamline operations, reduce our environmental footprint and grow our business so we can continue to provide valuable service to our customers and shareholders,” says Andy Beal, Board Chair.
- 30 -
Aquatera Utilities Inc. is the Grande Prairie region’s provider of water, wastewater and solid waste services. Its core purposes is helping grow healthy communities and aims to have the best people providing the best service for the best value. For more information: www.aquatera.ca
Communications and Change Manager
Aquatera Utilities Inc.