GRANDE PRAIRIE – Aquatera is celebrates another year of community support with monthly donations to non-profits exceeding $890,000 to date.
In partnership with Recycle Plus, one organization per month is selected to receive the monthly funds collected from bottles donated at the Eco Centre, Landfill or either Bottle Depot locations toward the Bottle Donation Program.
After a slight delay in selecting recipients, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Aquatera would like to congratulate the following organizations who will receive funding for the 2020/2021 year through the Bottle Donation Program:
- Grande Prairie Food Bank (April 2020)
- Ronald McDonald House Charities (May 2020)
- Peace Wapiti Academy Leadership Group (June 2020)
- Wembley Elementary School (July 2020)
- REMS Foundation (August 2020)
- Inclusion Grande Prairie (September 2020)
- Northreach Society (October 2020)
- Velocity Volleyball Club (November 2020)
- Alexander Forbes - The Academy School (December 2020)
- Community Futures Grande Prairie & Region (January 2021)
- GP Dinosaurs - Junior Forest Warriors (February 2021)
- Peace Autism Society (March 2021)
- Wolverines Adapted Sports Association (April 2021)
The Bottle Donation Program supports organizations within Aquatera’s service area, all supporting or providing programming to local, non-profit, youth-based organizations.
“At Aquatera we are helping grow healthy communities in a variety of ways. The Bottle Donation Program is one way we support the community, local youth and the environment.” says Sarah Martin, Public Relations and Communications Specialist.
Aquatera Utilities Inc. is the Grande Prairie region’s provider of water, wastewater and solid waste services. Its core purpose is helping grow healthy communities and aims to have the best people providing the best service for the best value.
Public Relations and Communications Specialist
Aquatera Utilities Inc.
P: 780.830.5012 | C: 867.445.6487