April 12, 2018
GRANDE PRAIRIE – Aquatera is celebrates another year of community support with monthly donations to non-profits exceeding $800,000 to date.
In partnership with Recycle Plus, one organization per month is selected to receive the monthly funds collected from bottles donated at the Eco Centre, Landfill or either Bottle Depot locations toward the Bottle Donation Program.
Aquatera would like to congratulate the following organizations who will receive funding this year through the Bottle Donation Program:
- Grande Prairie Aquarians – May 2018 recipient
- Clairmont Community School – June 2018 recipient
- Ecole St Gerard Playground Society – July 2018 recipient
- Big Brothers Big Sisters – August 2018 recipient
- YMCA – September 2018 recipient
- Kev’s Kids – October 2018 recipient
- Cool Aid Society – November 2018 recipient
- The John Howard Society – December 2018 recipient
- Odyssey House – January 2019 recipient
- Grande Prairie Family Education Society – February 2019 recipient
- South West 40 Playground Society – March 2019 recipient
- Whispering Ridge Participarent Society – April 2019 recipient
The Litter Pickup Program provides two organizations $2500 each to clean up litter at our Landfill, along Highway 40, the Correction Line and Resources Road.
Aquatera would like to congratulate the following organizations who will receive funding this year through the Litter Pickup Program:
- The Composite High School – Girls Rugby
- Grande Prairie Friendship Centre – Aboriginal Head Start
Both programs support organizations whose chosen recipients are located within Aquatera’s service area, all supporting or providing programming to local, non-profit, youth based organizations.
“At Aquatera we are helping grow healthy communities in a variety of ways. The Bottle Donation Program and our Litter Pickup Program are some the ways we support the community, local youth and the environment.” says Chelsea Lewis, Communication and Change Manager.
Aquatera Utilities Inc. is the Grande Prairie region’s provider of water, wastewater and solid waste services. Its core purpose is helping grow healthy communities and aims to have the best people providing the best service for the best value.
Communication and Change Manager
Aquatera Utilities Inc.