Sanitary Main Installation in Wembley
A sanitary main will be installed along 97 Street and 99 Avenue in Wembley. The location of this project is located on the southwest side of the Wembley Recreation Field and to the north of the Wembley Elementary School.
The purpose of sanitary main installation in Wembley is to decommission a lift station and to provide extra sewer capacity and accommodate future growth.
Residents are advised of the following road impacts:
- During construction it is anticipated that 99 Avenue and 97 Street will not have closures at the same time.
- In the event that 99 Avenue is closed, 97 Street can be used as an alternate route.
- In the event that 97 Street is closed, please follow all signage and direction from flag persons.
- There are no sidewalk closures, however the paved walking path on the Wembley Recreation Field will be partially closed near the skate park.
- The south end zone of the football field will be temporarily impacted.
- The west access to the Wembley Elementary School will be closed.
Residents are reminded to obey all signage and flag persons through the construction zone.
The duration of the project is expected from July 6th to mid-August 2020.