We've been in operation since 2003, providing a model of regional cooperation between our municipal shareholders - the City of Grande Prairie, County of Grande Prairie No. 1 and the Town of Sexsmith - and serving over 80,000 people in one of the country's fastest growing regions.
This model is both profitable and sustainable, and consistently delivers value to our shareholders and the communities we serve.
The following require unanimous consent, meaning that all three of our shareholders must formally approve them:
- Board of Director Appointments
- Acquisitions and New Shareholders
Aquatera Strategic, Business and Capital Plans are approved by the Board of Directors with input by Aquatera Shareholders.
Our shareholders retain rate setting authority. Using full-cost accounting methods, we recommend rates that will ensure we continue to operate in a sustainable way. Each municipality may choose to adopt our recommended rates, or choose to subsidize services for its residents.
Each of our shareholders has invested the water and wastewater infrastructure assets into Aquatera upon formation of the company, receiving preferred shares for the value of their investment.
These shares receive a mandatory dividend of 5% annually.
For more information about what has been paid back to our shareholders in dividends, see our Annual Reports below.
Reports and Information
- 2016 Annual Report and Financial Statements (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report and Financial Statements (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report and Financial Statements (PDF)
- 2013 Annual Report and Financial Statements (PDF)
- 2012 Annual Report and Financial Statements (PDF)
- 2011 Annual Report (Financial Statements included) (PDF)
- 2010 Annual Report (Financial Statements included) (PDF)
- City of Grande Prairie Utility Bylaw C-1139 (PDF)
- County of Grande Prairie 3070 (PDF)
- Town of Sexsmith 938 (PDF)